v: 3.0 ; 10/05/23
onboarding new users & offboarding
This document can be used as a guide for onboarding new users and giving access to the akoyaGO CRM. This will be useful for administrators adding new employees to their respective organizations. Instructions for offboarding current users will also be covered toward the end of this document.
(Important to Note: Before the following steps are made by the Foundation's Admin, users must be added to your tenant. Our IT Consultant Guide walks through the steps to be taken by your IT provider. This guide is intended for Foundation Admins specifically)
Working in Microsoft’s Admin Center
To access the Admin Center, click the "waffle" in the upper left-hand corner, and select the Admin logo.
- Select "Active Users" under the "Users" drop-down in the navigation pane.
- Select the User needing setup.
- Select the "Licenses and Apps" tab
Important: Users must have a Power Apps license to use akoyaGO. This can be seen as a "Power Apps per User" license or "Power Apps Premium" license.
The circled licenses above (Microsoft Fabric and Microsoft Power Automate) are free for your foundation, and can be assigned to any user. These are helpful for using Power BI, Power Automate Flows, and more.
Foundations may have different types of licenses, such as "Microsoft 365 Business Basic" or "Nonprofit Portal." These licenses often need to be assigned, depending on your MS Dynamic 365 setup. Consult your administrator or IT consultant for more information.
If a user needs to have Business Central permissions, please see the following guide: Adding Permissions in Business Central
MANAGING ROLES WITHIN akoyaGO
Users will need to have a Roles assigned to them within akoyaGO which will determine which permissions the User has. To determine which roles to assign, see the following guide CRM Standard Roles
To reach the User’s profile card, you will need to navigate to the Security settings.
Once the new Advanced Settings tab loads:
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to Settings
- Select the Security section
- Click on the Users area
Once you open the Users section:
- Scroll down until you find the User
- Enter the User’s profile card
- Click the “Manage Roles” button in the top tab bar
Once you have clicked on the “Manage Roles” button:
- Scroll down and select one of the akoyaGO user permissions (this will vary from user to user depending on the workplaces the new user will need access to. In general, the Administrator permission sets are only used by administrators or “heads” of departments within the organization.) Note: Users must be assigned one of these roles to work within akoyaGO.
- Continue to scroll and select the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook User role to ensure the User will have synchronization between akoyaGO and their Outlook.
- Add additional Roles as needed- There can be roles custom to your organization, ex, "foundation custom entities," which should be assigned.
ENABLING NEW USER’S OUTLOOK INTEGRATION
For a new user to have full functionality between work done in the akoyaGO CRM and their new outlook account, the User’s email profile needs to be tested and enabled. (Note: These steps can be completed once the user has confirmed their email from the previous steps in the admin center.
After the mailbox has been successfully enabled in the akoyaGO settings, you’ll need to finish adding the Dynamics Outlook App to the user.
Click on the environment link in the top left corner (akoyaGO or akoyaGO with Accounting) then select the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook tile.
Once the following screen pops up:
- Search for the user and check the box next to their name
- Click the Add App to Outlook button
- Wait until the Status shows “Added to Outlook” (You may need to back out of this window, then back in if the status hasn’t changed in a couple minutes)
- Click the Save button
Tip: It can be helpful to click the expand window button in the top right corner in order to get a better view of the list of users)
Once all of the proper Microsoft Licenses have been added to the User’s profile and the mailbox is approved & enabled, the new user should be ready to fully utilize and navigate the akoyaGO CRM (and Business Central if corresponding license is assigned.)
SECTION FOUR: ADDING USERS TO SHAREPOINT
For users to access Sharepoint files, site permissions need to be shared.
From any page in the akoyaGO CRM, click the “waffle” in the upper left-hand corner and select Sharepoint.
Select the akoyaGO site within Sharepoint
Click on the settings gear in the upper right-hand corner and select the Site permissions
Click on the Share site button. Type in the User’s name (as you’re typing, the User’s contact card should come up.) Select the User and click on the Add button.
SECTION FIVE: INVITE user to navigate the gosupport portal
offboarding a user:
Follow the steps at the beginning of this document to access the admin center and find the user in question.
Once the User profile pops-up:
- Remove all licenses that had been assigned to the user by un-checking the boxes beside them
- Click the “Block sign-in” button
- Finish by clicking on the “Save Changes” button
Once these steps have been taken, you can choose to leave the User’s profile in your organization’s admin center as an inactive user or select the user from the list and select the “Delete User” button.
We generally recommend keeping the User as an inactive user for historic reference purposes.